On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 07:45 +0100, Dave wrote:

> For all of you that like desktop effect ala compiz there is a good news.
>
> I make some works on the old bang module, if you don't know bang is a
> compiz derivate packed in e module. So a module that do composite using
> OpenGL.  :)

Interesting and cool. Just recently I updated my 'itask_ng' repository
( another great module ), and you have some competition :) There's
another project, called 'ecomorph' which is another port of compiz ( and
also comes with the scale plugin ).

Unfortunately on my system, when I load the bang module I get either a
black screen or a white screen. The mouse still works, and changes into
different pointers when I move it over things, but nothing else happens
at all. If I line up a terminal to do 'enlightenment_remote -restart'
after loading bang, E restarts and doesn't reload the bang module.
There's nothing getting logged to STDOUT if I start E from a console,
and there's nothing in my Xorg log either.

I'm on 64bit Gentoo, with a Radeon X700 ( r300 open-source driver ).
I've got DRI / AIGLX working ... ecomorph works, and so does compiz.

Anyway, it's great to hear that people are working on this.

Dan