On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 10:37 +1100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:33:54 +1300 jochen schroeder
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've just updated e17 and I noticed some slowness issues. When opening
> > the different applications configuration options (ibar, restart and
> > startup applications) it sometimes takes a couple of seconds until the
> > window opens, during that time E is locked up. I see several
> > "EDJE ERROR: programs recursing up to recursion limit of 64. Disabled."
> > messages in ~/.xsession-errors appear. Don't know if that's related.
>
> that'd be really bad. what theme are you using - and what modules? if you go
> back to all defaults you should be better. also note that temperature, cpufreq
> and battery modules have had their polling intervals killed off by changes i
> made u will need to re-set the poll/speed they check at for sanity. for most
> of
> those 32, 64 or 128 ticks is a good setting.

I experienced this with either detour or the default theme. I had all
the normal plugins enabled, although i didn't have a shelf with either
of the cpufreq, battery or temperature module. Only other module I used
was itask-ng. I just checked after disabling all modules except for:

Configuration Applications
Configuration Panel
Run Command
Window Switcher List

It still takes about a second to display any one of the startup, restart
ibar applications configurations window. It seems to be faster then when
I did it after the upgrade, but it was already slightly faster when I
repeated it. It is still very noticable however.  Does e do a scan of
all applications before it shows the window?.