On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 2:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         That seems to me like it might be a BIG problem for any
>  sufficiently flexible use of ewl and evas. :(
>
>         Until a more generic solution presents itself, why not have
>  a separate Ewl_Evas lib, with say a 'ewl_evas' widget, that has a
>  function to get an underlying evas..?

Getting to the evas is not a problem:

embed = ewl_embed_widget_find(some_widget_on_my_evas);
evas = embed->canvas; /* Should probably write a _get for this as we
have a _set */

The problem comes down to the event dispatching, since EWL marshals
it's own events (for a variety of reasons). We would still need a way
to feed event dispatching into Evas for a sub-tree of the objects on
the Evas.