Hi Jan,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Jan Luebbe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Falko,
>
>  On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:36 +0100, Falko Schmidt wrote:
>  > The PkgE Debian Team (http://wiki.debian.org/PkgE) is about to upload
>  > or already uploading some EFL packages to Debian experimental.
>
>  I'm a Member of the Pkg-E team. We are currently working on getting
>  everything needed for e17 into experimental. When we are confident that
>  the packaging is sane, we will push them into unstable.
>  My guess is that it will not be in time for the Lenny release.

OK, good to hear that.

>  > Would there be any objections if I merge their changes into the Debian
>  > files in CVS to make packages compatible to future official Debian
>  > packages?
>
>  When doing that, please make sure that the snapshot tarballs do not
>  include a debian/ directory as this makes the workflow for the Pkg-E
>  Team more complicated.

Sure, no problem. I won't touch anything below debian/ anyway since
debian/changelog has been removed from configure.in.

>  > The changes would include a much better (and Debian policy compliant)
>  > packaging although I would stick to the one-package-per-module method
>  > (as it can be found in evas, for example).
>
>  We are grouping the modules together if they have similar runtime
>  dependencies and the size of the individual module is very small.

That sounds sane. Maybe I'll adapt some grouping as well then.

>  The different package split will probably make mixing Pkg-E packages and
>  yours difficult.

You're right, I'll either have to group them as you did or I will have
to go through adding a considerable amount of dependencies. I'll look
into it.

Falko