The recent discussions here about toolkit theming and such
has brought up, to me at least, the question of the future of the
etk gui-toolkit. From what I can see, there has been little or no
work done on this lib in a looong time -- it appears abandoned or
maybe just plain un-maintained right now.
      Simon, etk's maintainer, hasn't been seen in a long time..
and yet there are apps out there that depend on it, eg. edje-editor
which I've noticed has a bug report stating that it's "impossible
to enter text correctly. Moom is working on this in etk...thanks".

      So, does anyone know what's up with etk.. is it dead, or
sleeping, or planning big-things, or what?