Hallo, I'm very interested in this topic and an E17 network manager is
really needed by my OpenGEU distro too. Well, I believe taht a good choice
would be that of using Network Manager from Gnome:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/
As the main command line daemon. Than we would just have to develop an E17
fronted / gui to handle it, as in gnome, for example, there's
network-manager-gnome and in KDE they have network-manager-kde. It would
strongly increase interoperability rather than creating a new tool from
scratch. As for the frontend, I think something looking and acting like
WiCD:
http://wicd.sourceforge.net/
Would really be nice.
Just wished to express my opinion! Bye everyone,

Luca D.M.