> i have to say now.. success in the open source world is utterly UNRELATED to
> what kind of open source license you use. it is a hindrance if you are not
> open. in fact GPL as a license for a library can be a hindrance. i could quote
> lots of examples - but i've been around these traps for a very long time now
> and
> license is neither here nor there.

I've learned a lot about the licences reading these mails, and it seems
that the fact is not "such licence is a hindrance" but "such licence can
give us developpers". That's different. So, from what i've understood, wrt
companies :

1) either with stay with BSD, and only the companies that accept to work
with code licenced under BSD would eventually share code with us

2) either we switch to, for example LGPL, or other similar licence (I was
told that MPL is not that bad), and then companies that accept to share
code with LGPL AND BSD licenced code would eventually help us. The
difference can be great.

So if we want to have more than 5 devs on the core efl, we should
seriously discuss about which licence to use.

regards

Vincent