Viktor Kojouharov wrote:
> imho, it both lua and javascript are good choices for this. Though I
> haven't used lua personally, I only hear good things about it, and the
> syntax is very C-ish. As far as js is concerned, there's probably a lot
> more people familiar with it (including me) than lua. And js is not just
> a "dom language". As far as integration is concerned, I know that lua is
> quite easy to integrate, thought I think that integrating JavascriptCore
> from webkit will not be too difficult either (judging by reports of
> integrating it in gtk).

I feel the same about lua and javascript. But nowadays lua seems to be
much more easier to integrate than a javascript engine. Even if the
later got recently a lot of improvements on this.
> But couldn't we support more than one language (and thus also preserve
> embryo, if there are people that need it)? Something like how IE is able
> to use both js and vscript in html.

I don't think supporting (in the long run) several different scripting
languages is a good thing. Compatibility problems will increase, and
reading someone else theme's code will become even harder.