On 04/08/2008, Ian Caldwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> absolutely and I believe in redoing the navigation would involve redoing the
> site. If anyone would like to share any other mock ups other than mekius go
> ahead..... I personally like simple site designs like this:
> http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs30/i/2008/126/3/0/Inkscape_Site_devel____front_by_duckgoesoink.png(flame
> me if you want)
> minus the fact that I think the "inkscape in brief" section should be just a
> wider news section and take the little news box off the side. but I like
> designs like that because they list all the links to the different web
> software. Songbird does this on their site too.... but their site is a
> little too busy http://getsongbird.com/
> just my thoughts....

I like the Inkscape mockup. Looks professional and has all the content
at a place thats very easy to see. The icons help too for those that
dont know english and cant be bothered switching to their language
translation. Songbird one give me the idea of using some cool ajax for
the icons. Since EFL and all can do cool animations, maybe something
neat like that could make its way into the website?

Toma