On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Nathan Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, this is exactly my point about being disrespectful and hurting
> the community. You are devaluating the opinions of volunteers in the
> community because you get to spend your paid time on it. I still
> contribute multiple hours each week to the project either through
> reviewing patches, helping evaluate bug reports or working with my SoC
> student.

And you forgot to include "... keeping the flamewar hot", since that's
what you've being doing these days.

> Apparently, this is of no value to you and anyone in that
> role should just leave. If that were the case, anyone in the project
> for more than two years shouldn't be allowed to speak up, because
> we've all had to cut back our commit levels at some points.

this have some value, but I guess in a meritocracy those doing more,
have more rights.

And my point is not about talking much, but doing few. As Jorge said,
people talked and talked about split data library. Nobody did a shit,
it was he that did the work. It will be he and some other few to
convert the libs to use it.

If you, instead of talking, did the split and ported the libs, nothing
of this would happen. Nobody has any right to force you to do such
things, but you have no right to impose your opinion on the others
too.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems