Here was my idea.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~haste/e17/e-website.png
Needs more links and content and better icons, but the basic idea is
there. It basically follows the "3 Big Stupid Buttunz" design
philosophy of other projects like OpenSuse and so on. Of course, the
content pages could be much different. What about a mashup of that
idea with mekius's? I like his site a lot.

Toma.