On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Peter Wehrfritz wrote:

> Mathieu Prevot schrieb:
>> I would like to suggest the use of a django framework: fast, simple to
>> maintain and with a clear separation of design and content. I also
>> prefer Django's site design to NetBSD's, but I think enlightenment
>> deserve something even better.
>>

> I personally don't like 3 column pages. It is very hard to distinguish
> where you find what. I like simple pages, with one part for the content
> and one part for the site navigation (no matter if it on the top, or on
> the left side). And the first page should only show a _short_ about and
> the latest news. Actually like the current page is. There are only two
> points that i don't like with the current page. It is the low contrast
> gray font on gray background and the navigation bar. I think it'd be
> better if the navigation buttons would be in one line and the submenu
> items in a similar appearance. Maybe like it is in mekius' approach.

Imho, having the menu buttons on the left and on the right is not good at
all. The space between them is too high.

Having an horizontal top menu or vertical left menu is what should be
done. It has 2 advantages: it's simple to do and users are used to see
such menus.

finally, i think that, if we consider that people who want to look at
the e17 / efl doc will go to e.org, a 'documentation' button must appear
on the main page (i would even add a 'add bug' and 'wiki' too). I prefer
haveing a "long" menu rather that clicking in every page to search the
link i search.

for documentation, wiki and bug tracker: 2 clicks + the fact that we must
read all the text to see the very tiny links. It's not good for new users

Vincent