On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Cedric BAIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> eina_hash.c: In function 'eina_hash_del':
>> eina_hash.c:820: warning: 'hash_num' may be used uninitialized in this
>> function
>
> This warning is a false positive as the code should never execute the
> code using hash_num if it's uninitialized. And I don't want to hide
> this warning as if this goes wrong somewhere valgrind will be able to
> tell me what is going on.

as for this warning and others related, it's due bad design, so it's
indeed a bug.

Ok, we're using the high-level api there to make it easy, that api
will then choose whatever to use, and we're quite sure it will not use
the wrong value, and we want to confirm that (with valgrind).

But what should be done is to split the high level api into 2 static
internal functions, that will be used by this high level api and by
the function currently giving warnings. This way we remove the
warnings and remove some parameters while calling the functions and
still leaves option for compiler to remove the function call and
duplicate the code if it is worth (inline). For this case it might not
be the most dramatic optimization, but it will help everywhere.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems