On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:57:16 -0200 "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri"
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> babbled:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Toma <tomha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good job! :)
> >
> > Unfortunate name... unless your going for the sense of humor market.
> > In that case, well done. :)
>
> it's not my choice, but I'm open to suggestions when we import it into PROTO/
>

> > Theme looks good for now. Ill fix up the shadows of those left and
> > right arrows sometime soon so its a little more unison. Also, if you
> > need bigger icons, the sources for them all are in THEMES/b_and_w/
>
> really, I'm not much into doing graphics, so I just did a quick look
> on top of elementary/e17 icons and choose some, resized them to 32x32.
>
> I'm all open for you or other themers to join and do the EDC, you can
> request what kind of messages and signals do you want and I send from
> C. So far you will get title, url, scroll and progress messages and
> load/done signals. You are supposed to emit navigation signals and
> that's it. View is completely in EDC.
>    I know there are few things missing for a real browser, like a slot
> to put favico and I'd like to apply syntax to url, just like google
> chrome does (highlight real domain, fade http:// and other stuff).
>
> BTW, for things like preferences and dialogs, I'd like to avoid extra
> windows at all, so we can have it working on fb and others, so I plan
> to just create a new tab for preferences and alert(), confirm() and
> others we display as a swallow on top of the contents area in the tab.
>    Do you like it?

actually elm will get an "inwin" - window in a window widget. just a simple
container to hold children + a bg and "frame". centered in the parent. this
will solve many things. that + a stack for push/pop of inwins :)

and for ui.. i hav a plan i'd like to try that involves almsot no browser
controls visible. just a little [+] in a corner (u can drag around  to
different corners so i doesnt permanently consume a corner of the page all the
time so if content is there it accessible just by moving it out of the way) in
fact.. this should become a widget in elm... click it and it expands to show
controls