On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:48 AM, muzzle <muz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very glad someone finally did this, thank you very much Gustavo.
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Downknew Wise <downkneww...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well done!!! Now e is more usable!!!
>>
>> It works without crashes with my systray apps:
>> emesene
>> pidgin
>> network manager
>> and also gnome-do :)
>
> Hi, just a quick off-topic suggestion: I've found that the e17 execute
> panel is as an acceptable gnome-do replacement (at least for launching
> other apps), so I just bound it to win-space and got rid of gnome-do.
> Has someone tried it? Do you like it? Do you e17 hackers think it
> would be possible/desirable to extend the execute-panel to have search
> capabilities like gnome-do?

execute panel = execbuf ("run command...")? If so I already know of
some students willing to implement an idea to have execbuf plugins in
the same fashion of kde4 "krunner", you'd call plugins to match
strings and report results asynchronously, so you could do calc (= 1 +
2 -> shows "=3"), google queries, amarok/rhythmbox search, query
firefox sqlite db and much more. I forgot to write these ideas on GSoC
page, but someone could do and seems like a good plan.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems