On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM, sda <dmitry.serpok...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Willing to help testing? You can do:
>>
>>    - compare expedite benchmarks on the same system, tell us if you
>> see regressions.
>>    - check memory usage.
>>    - check if dialogs work properly.
>>    - create a dummy user and start with a clean profile, try to
>> configure the system the way you want, see if it's possible (good way
>> to test if dialogs work properly).

>> dates
>>     - http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release tasks to do before
>> alpha release
>>     - http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/TestingPlan  how to test
>> (needs contributions!)
>>
>> Regards!
>
> hi guys,
>
> guess it'd be nice to have some king of a "visual" page/table to trace
> the current status of various components (as we used to have some times
> ago with a "nightly" builds).

that would help, yes, but I'm not setting up the build bots. If anyone
can help please say.

> below are some minor issues we're all aware about (E-svn-r39992):
>
> 1) some of E-MODULES-EXTRA are broken/(doesn't work or could crash E):
>
> language (ticket 154)
>
> mail (some times ago it could check remote MBoxes via POP/IMAP - now
> only "manual ping" activates the option "Start Program When New Mail
> Arrives")
>
> news - segfault on a new feed configuration, suck with "Atom" feeds

I do not use them, does anyone use/maintain them? If not, let's move
it to BROKEN.

> bling - can be the reason of E segv.

which one? I'm using bling but never traced crashes to it.

> connection manager/exalt - both are doesn't work or at least no
> manuals how to set them up are available.

connman = using old api, need to update GUI to use new backend in
e_dbus. I'll do this at some point, but not now. Packagers can disable
this module with: --disable-connman, BTW I'll disable it by default.

> 2) we may note that "external" toolkits are "out of the scope" but still
> UTF-8 issues are in (despite on fonts replacement from Vera* to DejaVu*
> family). yes, "esmart_text_test" is finally o'k for utf-8, but still no
> support for SCIM (though the is base already included and works somehow).
> the majority of EFL applications (which are not broken and at least
> could be compiled from svn) are use ETK where UTF-8 is absent in fields
> like "Multi-line text widget". just try "estickies" or "etk_prefs". (is
> it 'unsigned char' issue?!)

nobody maintaining etk these days I'd say :-(

> 3) our new default theme ("B&W") still has some minor issues. most
> annoying one is the way iBar and iBox look like when they're set in
> "Plain" appearance and options "Autoscroll contents" + "Able to be
> resized" are activated (yep, i do have up to 40-50 launchers and i do
> like to scroll'em all instead of asking about stupid "group similar"
> etc.).

good to know, raster or toma know more about this than I do, but I can
try to look at it later.

> the rest are mostly enhancements:
> http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/query?status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&reporter=~sda&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone

sda: will you join the packaging force to update on monday? quaker and
others were talking at #edevelop about having
repository.enlightenment.org, seems we need raster's approval to have
that.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems