Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> notification module is useful, I like it and will move to
> e/src/modules (that is: officially supported), but first I need to
> revamp it so I need input from other users of it.
>
> for those that do not use it: notification will receive dbus messages
> and show them as popups. these messages can be sent by any
> application, but usually is done by gnome/gtk applications using
> libnotify, however some qt applications are using it and the new
> ubuntu uses a subset of that spec to show their fancy popups. Current
> e/module implementation will also present a fancy (semi transparent)
> window if composite manager is in use.
>
> if you use it: do you use the box/gadget feature? This is about half
> of the code, I never used it or found a use for it, when I tried it it
> seems broken. So I rather drop this instead of trying to fix. What do
> you think? Anyone strongly against it? If not I'll drop this feature,
> fix some bugs with popup positioning and move it to e/src/modules.

Hi,
  I am a regular (daily) user of notification module. I use it on the
shelf. There is one thing which has always bothered me,- that is the
fact that the notification module does not seem to respect the urgency
level. I have just now tried the following with a clean and new config
with only notification module enabled in addition to the default enabled
modules.

1. If I send the command
*e-notify-send -u "low" "test" "test 2"*
then the icon remains in the module box even though I have specified in
the configuration that it should not store the icons for the low level,
that is "Levels of urgency to store" has "low" disabled.

2. On the other hand if I remove the tick marks on *all* the urgency
levels, then it does work and does not show the icon.

3. If I tick only 'normal' urgency level to store, and do a
*e-notify-send -u critical "test" "test 2"*
then it does not show the icon, but the command with '-u low' shows the
icon.

4. I just now noticed that the "Levels of urgency to popup" in the
configuration under "Extensions" has "low" disabled. Still I always got
popups when I tried the above commands with '-u low'.

5. In the very beginning when you first introduced this module, it took
me quite some time to figure out that the configuration dialog was split
into two parts and one part was under "Extensions", the other part being
accessible from the shelf. It is just a personal remark that I did not
expect there to be further configuration present under "Extensions".

With all the negative comments above, I must say one positive comment:
the rest of the module works absolutely fine. I have configured it
heavily in my original .e config, tweaking *all* the checkboxes/sliders
I could find. :D

Since you are trying to clean up the module, I thought it would be a
good time to bring up this bug :D