On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 07:08:03 +0200 Luca De Marini <luca.darkmas...@gmail.com>
said:

> 2009/6/4 Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
>
> > On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:41:05 +0200 Luca De Marini <
> > luca.darkmas...@gmail.com>
> > said:
> >
> > > Beside the fact that the module has a BIG RED advise not to use it, I
> > even
> > > tried it, the wizard started suddenly with a screen I never saw before,
> > > asking me to choose a language between Japanese, Deutsch and another
> > weird
> > > language I cannot understand (I'm Italian and by the way english wasn't
> > > listed) and at the end of the wizard I had a newly customized e17 desktop
> > in
> >
> > it only lists locales that 1. e has translations for, and 2. are suppoted
> > by
> > your system. locale -a will list them. this is a matter for you to install
> > the
> > appropriate locale support for your os.
>

> I have English and Italian installed on my OS and they are not listed, as I
> said. In fact, now that I deleted my .e again and Enlightenment restored a
> standard .e folder, my E is translated to Italian and all my OS in general
> is in Italian. This had nothing to do with languages E had translations for
> (it has translations for Italian) or languages suppprted by my system (my
> system supports Italian and has it installed ;) ). Maybe it happened because
> I used the module rather than the real wizard which should run once, etc.?

apt-get install language-support-it (de, fr, ja, en, pt, etc. etc.)
it lits italian for me. (and a whole bunch of others).using the module in any
way is the same - it goes through the same codepath.

> > > a foreign language. Also, looking at loaded modules, I noticed that the
> > > first run wizard module is not loaded again! So, it looks like loading it
> > > activates it suddenly and then it is automatically unloaded. In any case,
> > > doing the same things I did before now changed nothing. Still the same
> > > problem...
> >
> > correct. first run wizard is only meant to be run once - it then should
> > switch
> > to another profile that doesnt load it. it SHOULD be run first time you use
> > e -
> > if you have no ~/.e directory
>

> So, you are telling me that once I run Wizard, E is NOW setted up so that
> wizard cannot be run anymore because it will revert to the first
> configuration I created with wizard, basically? Say, for example, I run E
> for the first time and customize it with Wizard in the way Y. Then I delete
> .e, restart the session, and E will always revert to Y configuration without
> running wizard?

e is intended to be run before you have config - expect it to replace your
config. nb - your restart probably had e save its config on restart anyway
and thus replaced what u deleted :)

> Some versions ago it wasn't like that. On my OpenGEU 8.10 release it was a
> feature that every time you deleted .e you had the chance to reconfigure in
> a guided way everything again with wizard :)

and still is - you just were luck that e didn't re-save on exit/restart then.

> But I can still use the module as an option for people to manually run
> wizard if they want... ONLY if I can understand the languages problem.
> Casterm any idea, seriously, why my installed languages are not listed? When
> I run locale -a just to get you the degree of my problem, I have these:

it isnt intended for manual use later on after e is started - it probably will
work, depending on the situation, but it expects to be using the default
profile at the time. as for languages - see above. italian and much more lit for
me.

> locale -a
> bn_BD
> bn_IN
> de_AT.utf8
> de_BE.utf8
> de_CH.utf8
> de_DE.utf8
> de_LI.utf8
> de_LU.utf8
> en_AU.utf8
> en_BW.utf8
> en_CA.utf8
> en_DK.utf8
> en_GB.utf8
> en_HK.utf8
> en_IE.utf8
> en_IN
> en_NG
> en_NZ.utf8
> en_PH.utf8
> en_SG.utf8
> en_US.utf8
> en_ZA.utf8
> en_ZW.utf8
> es_AR.utf8
> es_BO.utf8
> es_CL.utf8
> es_CO.utf8
> es_CR.utf8
> es_DO.utf8
> es_EC.utf8
> es_ES.utf8
> es_GT.utf8
> es_HN.utf8
> es_MX.utf8
> es_NI.utf8
> es_PA.utf8
> es_PE.utf8
> es_PR.utf8
> es_PY.utf8
> es_SV.utf8
> es_US.utf8
> es_UY.utf8
> es_VE.utf8
> fr_BE.utf8
> fr_CA.utf8
> fr_CH.utf8
> fr_FR.utf8
> fr_LU.utf8
> it_CH.utf8
> it_IT.utf8
> POSIX
> pt_BR.utf8
> pt_PT.utf8
> xh_ZA.utf8
>
> So, as you may see, way more than 3 languages and I doubt E has translations
> for only 3 of these langs, plus, as I already sais, E only lists weird for
> me languages, like japanese! And Italian is translated (I said that too, I'm
> now writing from an Italian translated E). Plus, when I load the wizard
> module, couldn't E just run with my installed locale and not ask me which to
> use? I'm pretty sure that when I run wizard for the first time it doesn't
> ask for the language, why does it now?

it always does - it always had. it was one of the first things i made the wizard
do. it has no skip logic. it runs because the system locale is not necessarily
what the language the user wants to use. on a single user system - maybe. if
you personally installed those and set that up. i someone else did or you have
more than 1 user - each speaking an different language, then it's absolutely
useful. the locale that is currently set by the system i automatically the
selected language in the list - so just hitting next will work