On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Enlightenment
SVN<no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
> Log:
>        * edje: Add a cache for _edje_part_recalc_single.
>
>        WARNING: THIS CAN CAUSE RENDERING GLITCH AND OTHER WEIRD BEHAVIOUR WITH
>        YOUR EDJE FILE. PLEASE REPORT ANY ALIEN STUFF.
>
>        Note: This patch cache the result of _edje_part_recalc_single, until
>        any relative part are moved, the object is resized or some property
>        are changed (like during text set or color class set).
>
>        Note: Be carefull when you call edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc,
>        it's really an inderect heavy user of _edje_part_recalc_single and
>        I wasn't able to bring it down.
>
>        Note: This patch use more RAM, around 480 bytes per Edje state, so I
>        don't recommand using it on a Desktop with a lot of CPU power.

well, probably machines with lots of CPU power have lots of memory as
well, and wasting less CPU means more time to render stuff, like
animations can go smoother...

that and also to get more testing, I'd say let's make this on by
default, at least until next snapshot.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems