On Saturday 15 August 2009 02:14:06 Cedric BAIL wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 3:37 AM, William Keaney<kean...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 10 August 2009 11:16:52 Enlightenment SVN wrote:
> >> Log:
> >>       * edje: Add a cache for _edje_part_recalc_single.
> >>
> >>       WARNING: THIS CAN CAUSE RENDERING GLITCH AND OTHER WEIRD BEHAVIOUR
> >> WITH YOUR EDJE FILE. PLEASE REPORT ANY ALIEN STUFF.
> >>
> >>       Note: This patch cache the result of _edje_part_recalc_single,
> >> until any relative part are moved, the object is resized or some
> >> property are changed (like during text set or color class set).
> >>
> >>       Note: Be carefull when you call
> >> edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc, it's really an inderect heavy user
> >> of _edje_part_recalc_single and I wasn't able to bring it down.
> >>
> >>       Note: This patch use more RAM, around 480 bytes per Edje state, so
> >> I don't recommand using it on a Desktop with a lot of CPU power.
> >>
> >> Author:       cedric
> >> Date:         2009-08-10 08:16:51 -0700 (Mon, 10 Aug 2009)
> >> New Revision: 41663
> >
> > This seems to break everything that uses Edje on my system, most notably
> > the b_and_w theme and Entrance.  I've run a manual bisect on the repo,
> > and this is the first revision where these things start misbehaving.
> >  Several things don't get rendered, including titlebars, buttons, and
> > text boxes.  Windows that get shaded become slivers and cannot be
> > unshaded.
>
> Weird it shouldn't as code is disabled by default in this commit.
> Where do you see problem, in E17 itselef ? Elementary ? EWL ? What
> module are you using ?
>
> Did you try last svn revision with --disable-edje-calc-cache during
> edje configure ?
The --help output of autogen.sh says that edje-calc-cache is disabled by
default, but when run without any arguments it enables edje-calc-cache.
I am seeing the problem in both E17 itself (screenshot at
http://omploader.org/vMjU3aQ) and in Entrance, both of which use Edje.
I did try the latest SVN with --disable-edje-calc, and that restored
functionality.

--Will Keaney