On Wednesday 09 September 2009 21:15:25 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:46:53 -0400 P Purkayastha <ppu...@gmail.com> said:
>
> you won't like this.... but e_remote and e's ipc are scheduled for death
> (removal). 1. we have a dbu api already for e, 2. this includes the core
>  set of ops needed, 3. it's expandable by modules. the maintenance of
>  ipc_handlers is painful. i want to nuke it. so... since it's scheduled for
>  death... this will be a "wontfix" :)

My scripts just got more complex then  :(
(and my e17 config backup scripts have stopped working)

Also, I can't seem to get a list of modules which are currently enabled.
qdbusviewer shows me that there is a Method:List. So I gave the following
command:

~> qdbus org.enlightenment.wm.service /org/enlightenment/wm/RemoteObject
org.enlightenment.wm.Module.List
qdbus: I don't know how to display an argument of type 'a(si)'

The other commands seem to work. Perhaps it is a work in progress? Anyway,
thanks for the clarification regarding the status of enlightenment_remote.