On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 01:07:20 +0200 Vincent Pomageot <vincent.pomag...@gmail.com>
said:

> Hi,
>
> While playing whith Elementary I've spotted that e_dbus and efreet wasn't
> initialized (elm_need_{e_dbus,efreet} not called in elm_init)
> So here is my very first very little patch :)
> elm_main.c |    4 +++-
> 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

going to have to say no here. there is a REASON elm_need_e_dbus() and
elm_need_efreet() are external api calls available to the app. dbus will need
to go connect to debus server and thus add latency to init. efreet's init is
even worse in that it starts a filesystem scan of all .desktop files. you dont
want every app you run to go do these unless they really need them. so no. they
are external api calls you call in your app IF you need those sepcific features
in your app. in most cases people dont need them.