On Mon, 10 May 2010 12:17:22 +0200 (CEST) Vincent Torri
<vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

> the last commit uses API that has been introduced in libcurl 19.1.
> There are 2 solutions:
>
>   * force the libcurl version check to 19.1
>   * check if libcurl 19.1 exists, and if so, enable that part of code
>
> What do you think ?

I'm a strong believer in NOT forcing people to upgrade dependencies,
especially for people that want to stick with what their distro gives
them.  It can be a pain to step outside the distro and manually upgrade
something.  I vote for the second option, use 19.1 if it exists, or
fall back to the something that works for the older version.

It might have been OK in the past to insist on bleeding edge libraries,
but if we are aiming to get a release out soon, we better make sure we
work fine on existing stable distros and their existing set of library
versions.