On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 22:44:37 +0200 Tom Hacohen <t...@stosb.com> said:

> On 07/11/11 22:33, Mike Blumenkrantz wrote:
> > So you're saying now that I should add specific elm functions to wrap other
> > libraries just to avoid exposing stuff? I knew the elm api was shitty, but I
> > didn't expect that it would go that far...
> >

> Don't shoot the messenger, but yes, that's what's done in elementary
> atm. It wasn't me who decided that.

the real problem here is edbus's e_notify requiring an evas image object -
that's the poor api. the only way to do what you want nicely is:

1. make elm_icon handle notification stuff itself directly (kind of not too
nice - but yes - the idea is elm wraps up these kinds of thnigs so the
programmer just points elm at what they want it to do and it goes off to do it)

or

2. you create the image object outside of elm and SET it as the icon obj for
elm_icon telling em_icon to adopt the image obj as its icon and manage it from
then on.