On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:24 AM, SHILPA ONKAR SINGH
<shilpa.si...@samsung.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please find attached patch for new elementary widget elm_colorpalette.c.
>
> Change description:
> New widget colorpalette added.
> elm_colorpalette is a color selection widget.
> It provides by default, theme specific set of Predefined colors and also
> allows to set a series of colors.
> The colors can be picked by user from the color set by clicking on any color
> rectangle.

how does it compare with existing Colorselector
(http://docs.enlightenment.org/auto/elementary/group__Colorselector.html)

can't it be made together with colorselector? If you provide only
discrete colors instead of letting user define the color based on
RGB... maybe you could offer a mode? It would even make sense to offer
the last selected colors in the colorselector, and be possible to add
new colors to a pre-defined palette using it.

Please elaborate as we really don't need even more widgets that
partially do one function :-(

Maybe add:

   elm_colorselector_palette_set(Evas_Object *o, const Eina_List *colors);
   elm_colorselector_palette_grid_set(Evas_Object *o, unsigned
columns, unsigned rows);

you can even automatically hide/show the palette if colors==NULL ||
columns == 0 || rows == 0.

You can add some flag to hide the current selector:

   elm_colorselector_palette_only_set(Evas_Object *o, Eina_Bool);

Comes to mind other flags, like allow user to add new colors to
palette (button? dummy color entry?)

Last but not least, never do this:
elm_colorpalette_color_set(Evas_Object *obj, Eina_List *color_list)
{
wd->color_list = color_list;
}

you're stealing a parameter and this is not good, as convention is to
never do this on setters. Instead take an const Eina_List * and copy
the color inside.

Or alternatively you can use:

    elm_colorselector_palette_color_add(Evas_Object *o, int r, int g,
int b, int a);

which matches evas api. Eventually you can remove the
elm_colorselector_palette_grid_set() and make it automatically by
having column/row in the palette_color_add:

    elm_colorselector_palette_color_add(Evas_Object *o, int column, in
row, int red, int green, int blue, int alpha);

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems