Am Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:46:46 +0900 schrieb Carsten Haitzler (The
Rasterman):

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:02:16 +0100 Andreas Volz <li...@brachttal.net>
> said:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I like to know you opinion about usage of EFL (edje) on OSEK
> > systems?
> >
> > If you don't know what OSEK is here some links:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSEK
> > http://www.osek-vdx.org/
> > http://portal.osek-vdx.org/files/pdf/specs/os223.pdf
> > http://www.openosek.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php
> >
> > For sure this would need some porting effort. But the question is
> > if a port would be realistic and reasonable.
>
> well you'd have to provide a posix layer - like evil does for missing
> posix stuff in windows.
>
> > For example most stuff that is standard on Unix systems isn't
> > available (e.g. POSIX standards). Another important information is
> > that the number of application tasks, stacks, mutexes, etc. is
> > statically configured.
>
> a quick read of some of those links gave me very much that
> impression. its a very simple and limited "RTOS" style system with no
> memory protection, real processes you can control at runtime etc. -
> it's a monolithic compiled all-at-once system that simply
> co-operatively multitasks in a fixed way.
>
> as such - this kind of os is dead or dying. we could port - but not
> for a very long term benefit. as such things like genivi (and i think
> now tizen ivi will support/be that and thus efl will be coming along
> for the ride). as such the same people behind osek are behind
> genivi.. so i suspect they are abandoning osek for a more modern os
> approach as above and in that world - efl is already along for the
> ride. :)

Thank you for you opinion. That genivi website sounds interesting. My
employee is also member of genivi. But until now I never heard that
much in customer projects about genivi. It's always OSEK and Autosar.
Maybe this will change in the next years...

regards
        Andreas

--
Technical Blog <http://andreasvolz.wordpress.com/>