On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 07:30:54PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 23:31:28 +0100 Martin Jansa <martin.ja...@gmail.com> said:

> > > I'm not sure if it's caused by this issue or not, but one simple script
> > > we had started to cause OOM killer going after enlightenment process.
> > >
> > > After I have stripped all parts of that script which are not needed to
> > > provoke OOM killer it's pretty simple:
> > >
> > > SHR root@gjama ~ $ cat oom.py
> > > #!/usr/bin/env python
> > >
> > > import elementary
> > >
> > > print "Start"
> > >
> > > elementary.init()
> > >
> > > win = elementary.Window('oom',0);
> > > bg = elementary.Background(win)
> > > bg.show()
> > > win.title_set('OOM')
> > > win.show()
> > > win.resize_object_add(bg)
> > > win.fullscreen_set(True)
> > >
> > > elementary.run()
> > > elementary.shutdown()
> > > exit()
> > >
> > > First I've seen this with r67883, and maybe 100 revisions back it was
> > > still
> > > working.
> >
> > I can still reproduce it with r68118 and the key point is
> > elm_win_fullscreen_set(win, EINA_TRUE);
> > without fullscreen it works (well does nothing as expected).
> >
> > Debuging testcase doesn't show clearly which instruction caused it,
> > because enlightenment process (not the testcase) is causing OOM. And
> > when trying to debug enlightenment process I wasn't able to get
> > reasonable bt.. trying to bisect now as this is relatively new.
> >
> > Here is simple testcase without python:
> >
> > #include <eina_types.h>
> > #include <Evas.h>
> > #include <Ecore_X.h>
> > #include <Edje.h>
> > #include <elm_general.h>
> > #include <elm_object.h>
> > #include <elm_win.h>
> >
> > int
> > elm_main(int argc, char *argv[])
> > {
> >    Evas_Object *win;
> >
> >    win = elm_win_add(NULL, "win-example", ELM_WIN_BASIC);
> >    elm_win_title_set(win, "Elm_Win Example");
> >    elm_win_fullscreen_set(win, EINA_TRUE);
> >    evas_object_show(win);
> >
> >    elm_run();
> >
> >    return 0;
> > }
> > ELM_MAIN();
>
> i dont think this is an issue - some window goes fullscreen. fine - i have
> that
> all the time on e and it doesnt go eating memory - WHY is your oom killer
> wanting to kill e? and if it ACTUALLY is using lots of memory - what is it

It ACTUALLY eats a lots of memory, even if I increase mem in VM from
128M to 512M it eats a lot and it gets killed again
Killed process 11177 (enlightenment) total-vm:653476kB,
anon-rss:414600kB, file-rss:4012kB

And at least before r67710 it was working fine on phone with 128M.. so
something was changed between r67710 and r67800 which causes increased
mem usage and I'll finish bisect and send info which commit is causing
this..

Cheers,

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com