2012/4/13 P Purkayastha <ppu...@gmail.com>:
> On 04/12/2012 03:01 AM, Davide Andreoli wrote:
>> Il giorno 09 aprile 2012 00:55, Enlightenment SVN<
>> no-re...@enlightenment.org>  ha scritto:
>>
>>> Log:
>>> New gadget that displays results of a command line
>>>
>>>   This gadget is inspired by Geektool for Mac OS.
>>>   Yet, it misses
>>>       - A GUI font configuration (/inline styles for edje TEXTBLOCKs?)
>>>       - Display/refresh of images
>>>
>>> Author:       leif
>>> Date:         2012-04-08 15:55:43 -0700 (Sun, 08 Apr 2012)
>>> New Revision: 69958
>>> Trac:         http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/69958
>>>

>> Wow, finally something new for e! I like the idea of the module, I always
>> missed
>> that feature :) cool...then I tryed it...
>>
>> I put in the config to execute: "ping n.nu", pressed ok....wow E hangs
>> there executing the ping...
>> ok, restart E, obviously still hanged as the module restart a new ping. The
>> only way to restore
>> my system is to remove the module.so and restart...or fully remove my E
>> config  GRRRRR
>> I cant believe... :(
>>
>> You are executing the command in the E process. This is not good at all, I
>> can think of thousand
>> of commands that will badly block my system.
>>
>> The module MUST execute the command in an async way!!
>>
>> please make a fix for this
>> davemds
>
> I wonder.. isn't this module similar to execwatch? That too displays the
> output of commands.
The last time I had a look at execwatch, it was placed in shelf and
displayed predefined icons according to the returncode of the command.
Eektool contrary displays the output itself. And since it uses a
textblock, the formating/style can be manipulated by modifiying the
output stream of the executed command.

Leif