I am experimenting E17 on my notebook running gentoo linux. I am using
the official enlightenment overlay to install E17.

There are two graphic devices on my sytem: nvidia (optimus) and intel
integrated. As there is not easy support for nvidia optimus on linux,
the nvidia device is not used.

When running E17 for the first time and choosing "Hardware Accelerated
(OpengGL)" for the "Compositing" configuration dialog that is presented
before the desktop is launched, I get a non-functional system: the
screen becomes black and the only visible thing is a mouse pointer.

If the option "Hardware Accelerated (OpenGL)" is disabled, it works.

I remember that some months ago when I have also tried E17, it worked
with OpenGL and the intel graphics card.

Any clues?

Romildo