On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:11:38 +0100 Sebastian Dransfeld <s...@tango.flipp.net>
said:

> On 11/11/2012 06:09 PM, Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:
> > On 11/10/2012 05:42 AM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:37:06 +0100 Sebastian Dransfeld
> >> <s...@tango.flipp.net>

> >> have u tried running the e17 startup with a fresh user homedir? the wizard
> >> no longer gets efreet update events - even after it installs some extra
> >> desktop files. well i extended the timeout from 15sec to 150sec and it
> >> still didnt' happen. :( yes - efreetd is running and i symlinked the
> >> service files into /usr/share/... etc.
> >>
> >> also zero icon themes are listend now... :(
> >>
> >> just wondering if u've looked? page_040.c does it btw - and page_000.c also
> >> waits for the initial desktop scan to finish too - but it could be that it
> >> has happened already... BUT... page_080.c doesnt find any apps to add to
> >> ibar... so ibar is totally empty. :(
> >>

> > The event listening in the wizard is weird and seems unneeded. Doesn't
> > the wizard start after e_startup? In e_startup we wait until the cache
> > build is done, so waiting for event in page_000 should not be needed.
> >
> > In step 040 the wizard also waits for cache rebuild, but there wont be a
> > rebuild unless files are copied.
>
> And everything works for me(tm).

ok - found 1 issue... my xephyr session didnt start a new sessionb us - it
inherited my existing one thus launched efreetd with my HOME set to my real
homedir populating the efreet cache in there and not in the new fake HOME...
easy fix unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS... this is due to now efreet using dbus
launch activation and thus not inheriting the env of the efreet using process
but the env of dbus.

but after the copying of desktop files into the .local/share/applications dir
in the fake home - no update comes. :( i do get an itiial update on page_000 so
thats ok - as expected, but the copying of desktop files doesn't produce the
expected event :( trying to track that one down now...