Well, this is interesting....

       I have no idea what this person might be thinking about, but this
is a topic that is well known to Carsten and Cedric... and indeed I've
brought it up with them before.
       There are plenty of examples/inspiration of this notion in the Windows
world.. you just have to look around a bit. If you don't have much exposure
to this kind of thing, you can ask Cedric and he may be able to send you
some links I've sent him in the past.

       The notion of an e17 profile is very powerful, but I personally think
it's
also too large and comprehensive to be something that is easily created
and shared, like for example e17 themes, inits, and backgrounds are.

       A notion of "shell" theme consisting primarily of a set of desktop
gadgets
(or rather just their themes) and the config for placing them on the desktop,
plus possibly custom wallpaper, and maybe some other aspects (eg. modules),
could be bundled as an eet (indeed even as an edje with data parts).
       It would provide an easier to create, and distribute, method for
obtaining custom
'gui shells', and rival the kind of desktop customization/skinning that has been
around in the Windows world for a very long time. It would even be possible to
have
such shell-themes specific to particular well-known profiles (desktop, mobile,
etc),
and so they could be considered as extensions or modifications of such profiles.

       Jose.

How to Sleep Like a Rock
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/511d1fc09d18e1fc007c6st04duc