On 15/02/2013 16:09, jose_...@juno.com wrote:
     Exactly, all those kinds of nuances should be doable... BUT, more
importantly I'd say,
is that the result ought to be an easily distributable bundle just as themes,
inits,
wallpapers are.
     Profiles are easy to create on your system, but impossible to distribute
and making
them so could be fairly involved and could also mean possibly exporting a large
amount
of un-needed data.. For example, would you export the current theme as well,
the current
init/splash, any custom theme elements from other themes that you're using, etc.
      What I feel is needed, as I've argued with you and Carsten, is a dedicated
"shell"
theming sub-system, which would allow for bundling/exporting just those
elements that
commonly refer to customizing the desktop itself (including such things as
virtual desktops
that it might define), not eg. e17 widgetry themes or complex constructions
that are allowed
by e17's comprehensive customization capabiliites.
       Two well-known examples of this notion (as I showed you) are of course
things like
Stardock's DesktopX and also Rainmeter, both from the MS Windows world.

Hello, your mail client breaks threads, so if you cant config/change your mail client to do so, please try to keep quotes of who + sentences you are answering too, or it gets very annoying.