Hello all,

I would like to share some ideas for Bob, which I see as an evolution
of edje. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Since I've started developing, back in 2008, a C++ Gui Library, which
has been already removed from assembla a long time ago, I've already
been eyeing the project Adam&Eve from Adobe Software Library (ASL).
Documentation can be found here:
http://stlab.adobe.com/group__asl__overview.html

I think it is obvious the advantage of writing in a declarative way a
UI. But, writing UIs in EFL/Elementary are still a bit awkward and
requires more code than is necessary, because edje doesn't offer a
more dynamic layout setting. This generally requires box widgets to be
instantiated and edje layouts to be placed as small fixed dialogs
inside a multiple boxed layout.

If bob/edje would incorporate ASL's Adam&Eve idea, we could develop
more fluid and easily portable layouts that would could ease
developing applications based in EFL. The layout "language" could be
written in Lua and a C engine could do the automatic layout placement.
It would require that the language gives room for manual placement so
the layout can be finely-tuned too, but I think this idea can vastly
ease development of UI for applications.

BTW, there was a question about constraint solver on the ML recently.
I think it might've been related to this topic.

Regards,
--
Felipe Magno de Almeida