On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2014 23:40:13 +0100 Andrew Williams <a...@andywilliams.me>
> said:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > After opening this task about indow sizes in elm not respecting the
> > scale set:
> > https://phab.enlightenment.org/T1263
> > I realised that these are all set through evas_object_resize which
> > clearly cannot know about elm scaling.
> >
> > Would there be any objection to creating an elm_win_resize or
> > elm_win_size_set method that were to apply the scaling to the values
> > beffore passing back to evas resize?
> >
> > Let me know equally if I've missed something but the elm_test code is
> > all this way too.
>
> not so simple. as daniel mentioned.. this is doable with a resize
> multipling by
> scale... what we are currently missign in elm is 2 things.

Hi

> 1. a nice simple way to add extra minimum sizing to a widget. currently the
> ADVICE it so make a table, put an invisible rect in the 0,0 1x1 cell ANd
> your
> real widget in the same cell. set a min size hint on the rect and presto -
> it
> acts as an extra "control" on the table and thus your widget (set widget to
> fill/expand). you can set the min size and multiple by scaling if you want.
> it'd be likely useful if this trick were formalised into a widget and/or
> some
> utility func. a simple elc_ thing to wrap this up would work - then if it
> scales the min size by scale factor or also put in finger size.

That's why I added a sample code to elementary test long ago.
http://git.enlightenment.org/core/elementary.git/tree/src/bin/test_gengrid.c#n983

I asked you about adding this util function to elementary but you rejected
as we need to support the bugs from this utility as well.
But it looks like now it is time to add the function :)
Whenever I write applications, I feel this feature is really necessary.

How do you think?

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)