Not working in what sense? I would be up for looking into the issues and
getting things working with proper documentation through doxygen. Since
my programming know how that is needed for E is non existent.

---
Regards,
Jonathan Aquilina
Founder Eagle Eye T

On 2015-04-02 11:11, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 07:53:15 +0200 Jonathan Aquilina <jaquil...@eagleeyet.net>
> said:
>
>> Hey Jeff and everyone, You guys mention the API why not take a look at
>> doxygen. http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/ [1] It allows you to annotate
>> with special doxygen specific syntax and supports multiple languages. This
>> will then easily generate the documentation for you.
>
> we have been using doxygen for years now... and it just isnt working for us.
> (final assessment - lots of details). time to try something new.
> --- Regards, Jonathan Aquilina Founder Eagle Eye T On 2015-04-02 07:49, Jeff
> Grimshaw wrote: On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Carsten Haitzler
> <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote: On Wed, 01 Apr 2015 22:19:53 +0100 Bertrand
> Jacquin <bertr...@jacquin.bzh> said: On 31/03/2015 23:46, Carsten Haitzler
> wrote: On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:33:03 +0100 Bertrand Jacquin
> <bertr...@jacquin.bzh> said: Hey, On 31/03/2015 15:51, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> o Talk to beber to remove the old trac webservice to make sure we have less
> outdated information [assigned: Stefan] Do you want me to drop trac.e.org ?
> Do you want the content of trac.e.org be moved to phab (That is pain is the
> ass to do) ? Or to drop phab content already migrated from trac ? just drop
> it. :) no one is referring to the old content anymore :) and chances are the
> vast majority is out of date by now. trac is dead, long life to phabricator
> and while we are discussing web things... i've been messing with replacing
> our www custom php with a standard
wiki that ... works for us. i've tried a LOT of them. a LOT. i finally found
one that "works": dokuwiki. https://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:pageprotect [2] [3
[2]] 1. it's in php (easy drop in for what we have). 2. we can keep shot.php
and update.php in the doku tree 3. it is a plain file wiki (yay! no db!) 4. it
has a git back-end where the web content can be put in a separate git
repository! (more yay!) and wiki edits on www get committed, and commits to the
git repo directly get pulled in every N minutes. 5. its markdown is powerful
enough for what we need 6. it has code hilighting and more that is decent 7.
styling/templating/layout is flexible enough to make e.org look good. 8. has
actual users and authentication. (unlike some... errm gollum) 9. doesn't seem
to require any exotic php modules or extensions etc. so how do you want to do
this? i have prepared a new www git tree (have some conflicts that will need to
basically be thrown out). i have a test www-content git repo in my devs
git repos. i will populate that at least with enough initial content to make
e.org usable again and then go from there. server-side this will need some
config - eg like giving the www a devs account with an ssh priv key so the www
server can commit to this www-content repo... i'd just actually give the http
user on e.org all of that (and if it is ever abused/compromised we can nuke key
access and revert any changes from that user). You might want to consider a
dedicated git user for the wiki pages. There will come a day when you want to
prevent or tightly control changes to some pages. API docs and other generated
content come to mind. If the wiki pages are owned by someone other than httpd,
you just take away the write rights at the file system level and it's done.
https://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:pageprotect [2] [3 [2]]Also, separation of
concerns, traceability, damage control, blah blah. any comments/input? I really
like this direction. Anything that will lower the barrier for new doc
contributors can only help. How do you see API docs fitting in? I ask because
since this thread
<http://sourceforge.net/p/enlightenment/mailman/enlightenment-devel/thread/20141106160926.7238256c99509771c763be2b%40rasterman.com/#msg33009169
 [3][4]>I've been looking at how other large projects handle docs and thinking
about applying those ideas to e. I am moving in the direction of creating doc
source files as Docbook XML and then generating whatever is needed from there.
Some of the best projects I've looked at do it that way (PHP, FreeBSD) and I'm
shamelessly stealing ideas from them. -- ------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I
code, therefore I am" -------------- The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)
ras...@rasterman.com
things parallel software development,
from weekly thought leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials
and more. Take a look and join the conversation now.
http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/ [4] [1 [4]]
 [3]

Links:
------