On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 14:39:16 +0100 Tom Hacohen <t...@osg.samsung.com> said:

> On 01/06/15 14:33, Andrew Williams wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > In EDI I have packaged a clone of the skeleton project (so you don't have
> > to be online to use the feature) and made a few small improvements. Today
> > it was pointed out to me that it is GPLv2/3 licensed which is not very
> > helpful to people wanting to use it.
> >
> > https://git.enlightenment.org/tools/skeleton.git
> >
> > My intent is to move this to BSD - does anyone have objections to this
> > plan? Specifically I need a response from Cedric, Jérémy and Tom who have
> > contributed to this project over the last 18 months.
> >
> > I have already changed elm_code to LGPL expecting it's inclusion into EFL
> > or Elementary and I will look at the license of EDI itself later.
>
> I'm in favour of moving it to BSD. As I said on IRC, it's crazy it was
> created as GPL in the first place.

i might even argue that skeletons should be "public domain" maybe? basically
provide zero worries on license of an app you start making with edi - license
choice is yours totally. that'd be the "right way" at least for core/common
templates. perhaps very large/complex ones might come with more involved
licenses... but the basic stuff... public domain.