On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 9:52 AM Andrew Williams <a...@andywilliams.me>
wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 at 13:22 Tom Hacohen <t...@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
>
> > On 13/01/16 10:54, David Seikel wrote:
> > >
> > More specifically, I disagree with raster on the build now and remove
> > later. Elementary is a completely separate module (to the point that
> > it's in its own repo at the moment!). I think it's very reasonable to
> > have a "disable" flag for it. It takes time to build elementary, I don't
> > want to waste that time either (if I don't want it).
> >

> When it comes to build time I want to be able to get it down to an absolute
> minimum.
> For me this includes being able to build sub-portions at will.
> In an ideal world for me the top level would be an agregation that can
> build all/any of the children and each library/module that can sanely be
> built seperately should be possible.
> To facilitate real test driven development it's critical that you be able
> to write a test / feature / bug fix and compile for near-immediate feedback
> on your work.
>
> I know it's not something that everyone shares but pushing against this
> flexibility is something that I struggle to see value in.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

This merge would be a good time to remove the
--enable-i-really-know-what-i-am-doing-and-that-this-will-probably-break-things-and-i-will-fix-them-myself-and-send-patches-abb
flag since the recent mailing list thread has proven that it is not having
the intended effect of forcing downstream Gentoo maintainers to change
their behavior.