On 04/04/2016 05:45 AM, Andreas Volz wrote:
> Am Fri, 1 Apr 2016 16:31:42 -0700 schrieb Cedric BAIL:
>
>>> I tried to start my application with the default Gtk based window
>>> manager, but it's strange. As long as I activate alpha and shaped
>>> window support in my application the application is somehow broken
>>> and hangs in the beginning. I didn't yet trace it out where it
>>> hangs.
>>>
>>> Do you have any ideas or explanations?
>>
>> Not for the last problem.
>
> I didn't change much in my application, but now I get a crash of E20 and
> X back to the console if I start my application on the Raspberry Pi.
>
> In LXDE it still just hangs my application at the point it starts the
> window. Need to start my application in the debugger and see where it
> exact hangs.
>
> See here the E crash dump:
>
> http://tux-style.com/tmp/e-crashdump.txt
>
> I don't understand the <optimized out> as I thought I compiled E* stuff
> with gdb options. Maybe I need to repeat that part.
>
> regards
>   Andreas

As part of its compiler optimisiations gcc will optimise away
unnecessary variables and function calls into registers etc, often you
don't need the values that are optimised out for debugging thats fine,
if they are needed you need to rebuild giving gcc the -O0 flag which
will disable all compiler optimisations.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adeliade Australia, UTC+10:30