On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:41:00 +0100 Tom Hacohen <t...@osg.samsung.com> said:
>
>> Hey there,
>>
>> Sorry it took me so long to get to this one. I've been dealing with
>> other things, and every time I got back to this I had more clashes and
>> hell. I'm finally at a stage I can merge most of it, so I'm happy,
>> though I have one question before I push.
>>
>> At the moment I changed it as follows:
>> Eo.Base -> Efl.Object
>> Eo.Override -> Efl.Object.Override
>>
>> I'm quite OK with this change. The problem comes with the actual
>> functions. At the moment they are:
>>
>> efl_ref()
>> efl_add()
>> efl_del()
>> efl_finalize()
>> efl_name_set()
>> efl_parent_get()
>
> these. we know at this level of the base api namespace that efl_ here is
> actually an efl OBJECT and we are doing something to it. that's
> understood/implied. adding more wordiness doesnt help with any of that, just
> makes code more verbose and adds more typing effort.

isn't clear to me... at least not after coming back :-)

if efl is all about the high-level end user API (ie: all that the user
needs to know), then it may work if all is an object. Otherwise people
may incorrectly assume efl_ref() could be used on an Eina_Binbuf or
Eina_Stringshare and that won't be the case, even if they are also
part of EFL.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri