> On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:41:00 +0100 Tom Hacohen <t...@osg.samsung.com> said:
>
> > Hey there,
> >
> > Sorry it took me so long to get to this one. I've been dealing with
> > other things, and every time I got back to this I had more clashes and
> > hell. I'm finally at a stage I can merge most of it, so I'm happy,
> > though I have one question before I push.
> >
> > At the moment I changed it as follows:
> > Eo.Base -> Efl.Object
> > Eo.Override -> Efl.Object.Override
> >
> > I'm quite OK with this change. The problem comes with the actual
> > functions. At the moment they are:
> >
> > efl_ref()
> > efl_add()
> > efl_del()
> > efl_finalize()
> > efl_name_set()
> > efl_parent_get()
>
> these. we know at this level of the base api namespace that efl_ here is
> actually an efl OBJECT and we are doing something to it. that's
> understood/implied. adding more wordiness doesnt help with any of that,
> just
> makes code more verbose and adds more typing effort.

This shorts names seems totally wrong to me, what you are assuming ("at
this
level of the base api...") is an implicit assumption that can only confuse
users.
Explicit is better than Implicit is in general my rules of life.
Take the efl_finalize() for example, it should really shutdown the whole
library.
So my vote goes for the longer ones.