On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 21:46:36 +0000 Andrew Williams <a...@andywilliams.me> said:

> Hi Cedric,
>
> Great list thanks :)
>
> Along with all the breaking changes I thought I would throw a suggestion
> into the mix...
> How about we move non-core Elementary widgets out to an elm_extra library
> not in main efl? There is so much in there that we are struggling to add
> important stuff like tabs etc. If we could maintain a little less as a core
> group this might be the time?
> Also new widgets could start here rather than in efl...

we can't really SPLIT things out. at least legacy efl api widgets have to be
found in the same .so they were found in before. we can MERGE with symlinks but
can't split... :(

also if elm_extra is still part of the efl tree then it doesnt much matter as
it has to be maintained along with the rest. if it's totally split out we end
up with a mess of "well you basically have to also now build this elm extra
lib in addition to efl just to have working apps".

i do agre we have far too many widgets. some widgets we already marked for
"will not have eo api for them" so they are basically being left to rot in
legacy api only and then eventually for efl 2.0 dropped of course.

i really think for example we just need an efl.ui.media object and no image +
video + photocam + ... just one that displays some kind of media and what you
point is at and its mode determine what it does. :) others seem to love the
idea of specializing classes for everything (thus having LOTS of widgets).