+1 for removal.

The idea was nice (my idea, so it had to be nice, right ;-P) but never
catch up to its potential due lack of apps and time to properly
integrate stuff. Currently unmaintained as you state.

For the records, its idea was to allow applications to easily
implement single instance and expose its internal "view", such as make
tabs available to the WM so we could use that external entity to list
tabs and windows, somehow like Android does for Google Chrome tabs. It
would also expose some application methods, like to open something,
which would easily work for first time launch (ie: argc/argv) or
already running processes, also a way to request the app to close and
save state, like done in phones or Mac applications.

Great potential, but not realized. So be gone

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:58 AM, Jean-Philippe André <j...@videolan.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to get rid of elm_app_server and elm_app_client.
> I have no special hatred against those APIs, but:
> - they are unmaintained
> - EO-only APIs (iow: never released)
> - unused (except in terminology 0.4 to 0.7)
>

> Thoughts?
>

> PS: The patch is ready, at:
> https://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/patch/?id=9660d5c2a48ec4183bd33d63e6cb977501709828
>

> --