Hi,

An interesting point. I guess I figure there is something between massive
merges and the alternative of breaking master. Isn't it fair to say that we
shouldn't ever be breaking master even if we're doing cool new stuff? (yes,
I know I have done it too, it's the way things are just now).

When I've seen companies working off master they inevitably have to come up
with lots of new rules like "no pushes on a Friday afternoon", "WiP must be
handed over before a day off" or "tests will be run on the server in a
pre-push hook to validate your work" to maintain their base branch.
These all seem like anti-patterns for a great team...

If "all hell breaks loose" then have we not missed something else in our
communication?

Andy

http://andywilliams.me
http://ajwillia.ms