Hello.

On 07/27/2017 12:49 AM, Andrew Williams wrote:
Hi Mike,

One of the strengths of GitFlow is that all release branches merge back
fully so you can't miss fixes.

We apply fixes to master first and then backport. No chance to miss them in master.

 Additionally all releases are tagged on
master so there is a clear record of where all releases were cut from.

We do the same for all major releases. Your concern is that the stable update tags and not from master but a stable branch?

Hot fixes such as we currently back port are created in a place to be
immediately applied to both master and develop such that the next release,
whichever it is, will certainly get the fix. These seem like improvements
over the "dangling" release branch model that we've used before.

About the hotfix branch needs to get merged into master as well as develop I wrote in my other mail. Why would that be easier?

regards
Stefan Schmidt