On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:31:22 +0100 Kim Woelders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Michael Jennings wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 14 January 2004, at 19:00:51 (-0500),
> > Andrew R. Proper wrote:
> >

> >>I've recently made a small addition to Enlightenment
> >>DR16.7 which makes it possible to easily set the
> >>Enlightenment background from an image viewer like
> >>GQview. Here's a screenshot:
> >>http://exomorph.org/site/screenshots/screenshot--2004,01,13-CloakSword.jpg
> >>
> >>My question to you is this: Would any one of you like
> >>to be able to use this feature as well?
> >>
> >>If enough people would use this feature, I will try to
> >>get a patch accepted into the codebase.
> >

> > No patch needed.  Look at E-slides' code.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> The epplets use one interface to E and eesh another.
> On the epplet interface it is possible to set the current background,
> but on the eesh interface it is not.
>
> This could be fixed by implementing the missing "set current background"
> operation.
> A more general solution might be to expose the entire epplet interface
> to eesh.

actually there is no epplet api to change backgrounds - (well not in the epplet
library). the slides epplet uses E IPC to talk to e and set up a new background
for the desktop - this is exactly the same ips eesh gives you as a raw
command-line. it's there! :) it's all in eesh ipc :) as KainX said - look at
e-slides. all it does is programmatically send the same ipc you can type in eesh
:)

remember all the epplet api does is use e-ipc (what eesh gives you as a
cmd-line/interactive shell) to do its dirty work :)

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)