following suggestions on another thread, I just decompiled some .eet
file from the applications.tar.gz file, and did edit them to reflect the
real app name I got on my system (e.g. I do not have a "sylpheed-claws"
binary, just a "sylpheed" one).

now I can see only the icons I didn't edit... but I just changed the
executable name and re-edje_cc them! :(

so I tried to rebuild one of the .eet files I didn't change before
("edje_decc gimp.eapp", "cd gimp", "./build.sh") to obtain a new
.eet file, and noted that there is a difference of size between the new
file and the old:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/.e/e/applications/all$ ls -l gimp.eapp
-rw-r--r--  1 max root 5410 2004-12-02 09:26 gimp.eapp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/.e/e/applications/all$ ls -l gimp/gimp.eet
-rw-r--r--  1 max root 5244 2004-12-05 21:30 gimp/gimp.eet

the old file is greater than the new one!
how can it be possible? I simply decompiled and recompiled the same
file!

here is the contents of the main_edje_source.edc:

data {
item: "app/name" "The Gimp";
item: "app/exe" "gimp";
}
images { image: "icon.png" COMP; }
collections { group {
name: "icon";
max: 48 48;
parts { part {
name: "image";
mouse_events: 0;
description {
state: "default" 0.0;
aspect: 1.0 1.0;
image.normal: "icon.png";
} } } } }

...and here is the content of the build.sh:

#!/bin/sh

edje_cc $@ -id . -fd . main_edje_source.edc gimp.eapp

--
          Massimo Maiurana   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
               membro del Linux User Group Ragusa

Articolo 11 - L'Italia ripudia la guerra come strumento di offesa alla
libertà degli altri popoli e come mezzo di risoluzione delle
controversie internazionali; consente, in condizioni di parità con gli
altri Stati, alle limitazioni di sovranità necessarie ad un ordinamento
che assicuri la pace e la giustizia fra le Nazioni; promuove e favorisce
le organizzazioni internazionali rivolte a tale scopo.