Christian Walther wrote:
Same with me...

I installed all e-related Apps I could find using their ebuilds, but
it was hard to remember their names. So I went through my old CVS-tree
and looked at the READMEs. I created a small text file that contains a
list of the app names and their purpose.

So far, I think that "Entrance" is very cool name for a xdm
replacement and I like "Engange" as an iconbar (e.g. something to
start Apps/keep running Apps on). Needs a bit of thinking, at least
for me, but since I'm not a native english speaker it might be a
difference anyway.
Evidence is nice for a file manager, I think. As I heard the name for
the first time I didn't know what it's purpose was, but since I got to
know it it's quite easy.

eRSS doesn't need any further explanation. ;-)

I think there was at least an attempt to choose names that make sense, although, in some cases it's the afterthought that makes you realize why that was the name given. (find out Entrance is an xdm replacement and the light goes on...)

I'm glad that it's not been the KDE approach, that is, throw a K in front of a word that works.

For the rest of the Apps I have the list mentioned above. I currently
know Eclair and Entice, too, because I use them regularly.

I just new Entice was going to be some pr0n application. And Eclair a desert recipe tracking app..

I think a nice icon will do a good job to make life easier.

I would agree, but I also would prefer the current developers continue to focus on the code. I'd love to give a shot at creating some icons, but I'm afraid that might be something a developer might want to keep 'as there own.' You know, kinda like a logo or something.

--
Until later, Geoffrey