Greetings all.

I've been working with a friend on an animated background. What we've
done is take a project in The Gimp, and rendered a LARGE series of
images, changing the transparency of one of the layers by a very small
amount each time.

When we make an animated background from this series of images ( 88 of
them ), the effect is very nice ( we think so anyway ), but it uses a
LOT of CPU - even if we spread the animation out over 1 minute.

Apart from culling our number of images ( which we'd rather not do, as
the image transitions become noticable when we do this ), is there any
other approach we can use? In particular, is there any way of just using
2 images, and getting E to modify the transparency of one of them? Or is
our only option to use a series of images, as we've done?

Thanks :)

Dan