On Monday 07 March 2011 10:20:01 Cedric BAIL wrote:

> Sorry, I think we have a misunderstanding here. The idea is to take
> the content/data from our svn, by commit hook, or with a cron and
> update a website with that data.

OK, I understood as much from our chat on the IRC.

> This would be the same kind of system we use of enlightenment.org news
> right now. We put the content in a special directory in our svn, and
> it show up correctly on the front page. By the way, we already have a
> svn browser inside trac, so that's not what we need.

OK, I understand this too.  You do not want to view the svn tree, but the
content of selected file(s) within that.

> The idea is to have one front page with latest modified receipes, an
> index and a page per receipes, build from svn content and updated when
> svn got updated. This page should be easily indexable by search engine
> and we should be able to provide a search inside this content easily.

Yes, that's clear too and a CMS that runs an RSS aggregator should be able to
do this.

> A receipe would be composed of some explanation (that could be
> translated), some code, pictures and video.

If these components are within the svn they could be pulled into the website
too, or manually uploaded by the dev/maintainer in predefined page views
(containers) to minimise the need for their formatting, or changes in the page
layout, etc.

Question:

I am not familiar with it, but isn't the existing trac system capable of
providing the above functionality by someone who knows how to configure it?
--
Regards,
Mick