On Wednesday 09 March 2011 19:50:57 Mick wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2011 14:06:22 Thomas Gstädtner wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 14:23, Steve Jones <st...@squaregoldfish.co.uk>
>
> wrote:

> > > I saw this recently too. I don't know the cause, but getting rid of
> > > ~/.e fixed it.
> > >
> > > Steve.
> >
> > I would assume that this just one of the numerous oddities the e_fm
> > window on the desktop, that is there for showing icons on it, creates.
> > Another one would be: weird text in the middle of the desktop.
> >
> > Still have been neither able to find out what causes it, nor am I able
> > to reproduce it reliably. I think it has to do something with the e_fm
> > window getting focus through the desk-switching animation, though this
> > is only an assumption.
>
> Thankfully I don't have letters in the middle of the screen or any other
> artifacts, only that scroll bar.
>
> Is there a setting to be able to switch it off, or am I supposed to wipe
> ~/.e to get rid of it?

After some experimentation with a fresh ~/.e the scroll bar re-appeared when I
set the Icon Theme.  Flicking through the virtual desktops and a minute later
I noticed it had disappeared ... !  o_O

Anyway, backed up my .e and hoping it won't come back again.  It's rather odd
why it comes and goes uninvited.
--
Regards,
Mick